It is necessary to have a regular exercise routine during pregnancy. It not only increases stamina but also minimizes pain and fatigue. Exercising improves posture and reduces stress that is extremely important for a healthy pregnancy. Work-out during pregnancy is crucial and must be practiced after proper advice. Pregnant women remain confused with the kind of workout they should have, the span of each session, precautions to be taken, etc. If you too want to get these queries cleared, you are in the right place. This blog contains advice of Dr. Veena Agarwal is best gynecologist in Gwalior, practicing surgeon at gynecology and obstetrics center AHRI Gwalior.
Dr. Veena Agarwal is one of the senior-most and acclaimed gynecologists in the country. With experience of conducting 4800+ successful surgeries, she stands as the best gynecologist in Gwalior.
According to Dr. Agarwal, pregnant ladies who exercise have less back pain, more energy, a better body posture and decreased stress level. She suggests a few simple and easy-to-practice exercises that must be performed by expecting mothers.
- Plie : You require a chair to practice this exercise. Stand parallel to back of chair having feet hip-distance apart. Bend your knees, keeping back straight and lower down your torso. Get back to the original position and repeat the same steps 5-10 times. This exercise strengthens quadriceps and improves body posture.
- Side-lying : Lie on your right side and keep your left leg straight (opening outwards). Right leg must be tilted inwards at an angle of 45 degrees. Bring your leg down and repeat this process. This exercise is beneficial for inner thighs.
- Planks : Lie down on your hands with palms facing downwards. Now lift your belly, chest and knees upwards. Make sure that the total balance of your body remains on toes and hands. This exercise helps strengthen the back and arms.
- Curl and lift : For this you need a chair and weights ranging from 5 to 10 pounds. Sit on chair with back straight and feet on floor. Now hold weights in both hands and align your arms in a way that they remain at 90-degree angles. Lift the weights to shoulder height and hold them there for 10 seconds. Get back to original position and repeat this at least 5-10 times. This exercise is beneficial for your shoulders and arms.
- One-arm row : Take a chair and keep your right knee on its seat. Bend a bit forward keeping your back parallel to floor and place your right hand on chair so that the body remains balanced. Now hold a weight (5-10 pounds) in your left hand and lift it as much as you can bear comfortably. Return to original position after holding the weight for almost 10 seconds and repeat this with the other hand. This exercise strengthens the back and biceps.
All the above exercises suggested by Dr. Veena Agarwal are easy to perform and result-oriented. These exercises will not only ensure a healthy pregnancy but also keep you fit and relaxed throughout this beautiful journey.