Dental implants are simple, secure and permanent solutions to replace missing teeth. They substitute for the lost teeth by replacing the natural roots. Indistinguishable from natural teeth, they provide reliable alternatives to uncomfortable dentures or bridgework, or a single implant can simply replace a single missing tooth. Best part is all types of Dental Implants comes with Life Time Warranty.
Dental implants are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth. The person who has lost teeth regains the ability to eat virtually anything and can smile with confidence, knowing that teeth appear natural and that facial contours will be preserved.
The implant treatments must be done correctly and with extreme care. At Agrawal Hospital & Research Institute, Dental Implants procedures are undertaken by our highly qualified specialists, using the latest materials and equipment and supported by our committed and experienced staff
12 BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
There’s no denying that they offer the best solution for teeth which are beyond repair, or for tooth loss. So what are the benefits of dental implants, what makes them such a good choice?
- Closest thing to natural, healthy teeth– Implants are strong and stable and not only look like natural teeth but also feel and function in the same way too. Implants gives you the freedom to eat anything & smile beautifully forever.
- Long term solution – Tooth replacement solutions such as conventional dentures and bridges have a shelf life of between 5-10 years at best before needing replacement, whereas dental implants may need adjusting periodically, but provided they are cared for properly, have the potential to last for more than 40 years. There is LIFE TIME WARRANTY on all the Dental Implants. Denture if used properly has maximum life span of 5 years after which one has to get new denture made otherwise the denture becomes loose causing difficulty in chewing food. Like this in long run dentures becomes costly affair while Dental Implants are one time investment.
- Get on with your life– Dental implants blend seamlessly with your natural teeth and let you get on with your life without worrying about what your teeth are doing. Alternatives such as ill fitting dentures can cause you to stay at home for fear of embarrassing moments when speaking or eating and of your dentures slipping or falling out.
- Prevents bone loss– Once a tooth is lost then the bone which surrounded the root resorbs into the body and over time this can result in significant bone loss. Implants take on the role of a tooth root and stimulate the jaw bone keeping it firm and healthy.
- Retains facial structure– Missing teeth can cause a person’s face to sag and give that sunken look which is so ageing. Dental implants help retain facial structures leading to a fuller face and more youthful appearance.
- Permanent fixture– Unlike dentures which need to be removed at night for cleaning a dental implant is left in your mouth and not in a cup at night. In addition there’s no more worry about sliding and slippage associated with dentures and caring for them is the same as natural teeth with regular brushing and flossing.
- Clearer speech– Dentures can make a person slur their words as they clench their mouths to prevent dentures from slipping. A dental implant feels and acts the same as a real tooth, so speech remains the same.
- No more cavities– Implant restored crowns are impervious to cavities but you will still need to clean carefully around the implant site itself to remove any bacteria which could lead to infection and weakening of the gums which in severe cases could cause the failure of an implant.
- Teeth which stay in place quietly– Dentures often slip when you carry out everyday practices such as eating, talking, coughing, kissing, yawning and smiling and they may have to be put back into position in the mouth. Dental implants fit securely into the jawbone because they fuse with the bone in a biological process, and this means they won’t shift or click.
- No impact on healthy teeth– Since implants are a stand alone treatment they don’t reply on the support of neighboring teeth whereas a conventional dental bridge, for example, has to be attached to teeth on either side of the ‘gap’ and to do this these teeth have to be reduced in size leading to around 60% healthy tooth loss, which weakens them & makes them susceptible to infection in future
- Eat what you like– Denture wearers often resort to soft foods since it is so difficult and painful to eat anything harder. Implants can withstand more pressure from the force of eating which means a person can eat the foods they like, including crunchy fruit and vegetables, Chicken, meat, nuts, Pizza, burgers etc.
- More predictable – Dental implants have a good track record of success, reliability and longevity and are often considered a more predictable treatment than other dental repair or replacement treatments including root canal therapy, bridgework and dentures.
Dr Rohit Agrawal (MDS) is senior Implantologist and Head of the Dental dept. at Agrawal Hospital & Research Institute, Madhav Nagar colony, Gwalior, M.P. India. He is also working as Associate Professor at Maharana Pratap dental college. He has successfully placed more than 2000 DENTAL IMPLANTS and is an excellent clinician. He has also trained several doctors from all over the country and even abroad in the field of dental IMPLANTS. He is first dentist in Gwalior to start Dental IMPLANT workshop and till now has conducted several Dental IMPLANT workshops all over India.