Sore Throat Treatment in Gwalior | Agrawal Hospital And Research Institute
Sore throat is the most common infection seen due to inflammation of the throat and tissues surrounding it. It can be due to viral, bacterial, or fungal infections. Most sore throats recover without any treatment within a few days, but some of them cause severe discomfort.
What Are the Causes of a Sore Throat?
- Bacterial infection (strep throat- caused by Streptococcus pyogenes).
- Viral infections like coronavirus infection, flu, and the common cold.
- Allergies from dust and pollen.
- Fungal infections (mostly caused by Candida Albicans).
- Overuse of the throat like yelling or screaming.
- Cancerous or non-cancerous tumors of the throat cause difficulty in swallowing.
Signs and Symptoms of Sore Throat?
- Pain on swallowing.
- Swelling of tonsils.
- Runny nose.
- Change of voice.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Stomach pain.
How Can We Treat Sore Throats?
- Herbal Tea: A herbal tea containing ginger, honey, turmeric, and tulsi helps to reduce the scratchy throat, reduces the swelling of the throat, and gives relief to a sore throat.
- Lozenges: Sucking on lozenges gives relief to a sore throat. It should be avoided in children less than two years of age.
- Over-The-Counter-Antihistamines: Allergy-induced sore throat can be minimized using the medicinal treatment for allergies using Antihistamine drugs.
- Consuming Warm Fluids: The intake of warm water and fluids helps to soothe the throat and relieve the discomfort.
- Saltwater Gargle: Use a half tablespoon of salt and mix it with a glass of water. Use this mixture to gargle three-four times daily until the swelling of the throat subsides.
- Hot Water Steam: Taking hot water steam in case of severe cold/stuffy nose helps to drain the mucus and soothes the throat as well by clearing the sinus blockage.
In most cases, a sore throat naturally progresses and then disappears. In cases where this condition persists though, it is essential that you take the help of a medical practitioner at the earliest. At Agrawal Hospital And Research Institute Dr. S R Agrawal is the best and senior-most ENT surgeon in Gwalior. Standing as one of the most acclaimed ENT specialist in Gwalior India he has been serving his patients for over five decades. He contains experience in conducting 200+ successful surgeries including the most crucial cases of ENT cancers as well.
For Contact :- Best ENT Specialist for Sore throat Treatment Dr. S R Agrawal one of the most acclaimed ENT specialist in Gwalior :Click Here