What Causes Nose Bleeds And How To Overcome Them?
Nosebleeds, although frightening, are not usually a cause of serious concern as they can most often be treated at home. The medical terminology for nosebleed is epistaxis. It is a condition wherein blood flows from either or both the nostrils.
The bleeding may be light or profuse and generally lasts from a few seconds to fifteen or more minutes. Sometimes, you may have to seek medical help for nosebleeds. If such is the case, you should look out for the best ENT specialist in Gwalior.
Causes of nosebleed :
1. Pricking the nose
2. Blowing the nose very hard
3. Minor nose injury
4. Temperature or humidity changes that cause the inner walls of the nose to become dry and cracked.
To stop a nosebleed :
1. Immediately sit down Bend forwards and pinch with both fingers the part of your nose just above the nostrils.
2. Breathe through your mouth while leaning forward.
3. On the bridge of your nose, apply something cold such as an ice pack.
4. Instead of lying down, stay upright.
Connect with a specialist if…
1. Nosebleeds occur regularly
2. An infant aged 2 years or below has nose bleeding
3. The bleeding continues for over 20 minutes
4. The bleeding is profuse and the patient loses a lot of blood
5. The patient has difficulty breathing
If you face any of the aforementioned conditions during a nosebleed, immediately consult a doctor.
Under the supervision of Dr. S R Agrawal, AHRI has become the best ENT specialists in gwalior. The ENT vertical at AHRI Gwalior has an extremely qualified squad of professionals with years of knowledge to satisfy all ear, nose, neck, and head-related healthcare requirements. The vertical in its best capacity utilizes all the technological advancements and aims to facilitate its patients with utmost care.
For more info : http://www.ahrihospital.com/