Sugar-bugs is a commonly observed dental issue in children of all age groups. It not only disturbs oral health of a child but also affects his speech, body language and other aspects of growth. Milk teeth have much thinner enamel (outer layer). Due to this these are more exposed to the risk of sugar-bugs. To have a healthy positioning of permanent teeth, decent care of milk teeth is required. Therefore healthy dental habits should develop from the very beginning.
Main reason of sugar-bugs is the bacteria in mouth. Bacteria produce acids that damage tooth enamel that further results in unbearable pain and other oral infections. But the matter of fact is that such harmful conditions can be easily prevented. What we need is just a set of expert tips that can prevent our children from this health risk. AHRI provide best Sugar bugs treatment in Gwalior .
If you too want to guard your child against sugar-bugs, follow this blog till the end. Here, Dr. Shipra Agrawal has shared the best tips that will surely keep sugar-bugs away from children of all age groups. Dr. Agarwal is a practicing dentist at AHRI Gwalior and has been serving her patients for Sugar bugs treatment in Gwalior almost a decade .
It is quite necessary to ensure oral hygiene in children who are 1-3 years old.
- Their gums need to get wiped with a soft cloth twice a day, before first feed and after the last feed.
- Brushing should commence just after the first tooth grows. For this purpose, small and gentle brushes should be taken that is soft on baby’s tooth. This brushing is required to be practiced with normal water only and no toothpaste or any other solution should be applied.
- The kid must undergo a complete dental check-up as soon as he turns one. This check-up is essential to examine whether the gums are free from all infections or not.
- When the child turns two, his teeth need to get the varnish coating. Dental varnish is a fluoride-containing solution that prevents tooth decay.
- After a proper growth of milk teeth takes place, regular brushing with fluoride toothpaste (twice a day) should start.
- Children need to develop a regular habit of mouth-rinsing whenever they eat something. Rinsing removes the food particles that get trapped in teeth and allow production of bacterial acids.
- As permanent teeth grow, they should get a sealant coating. Dental sealants not only prevent sugar-bugs but also ensure a strong configuration of permanent teeth.
Above mentioned tips by Dr. Shipra Agarwal is a result of a long experience and should be followed as golden rules to protect your kids from sugar-bugs.